May 25, 2021 2021 Tails & Tales Summer Reading: May 26 – July 24
Earn prizes as you read your way through the summer!
Our Summer Reading Program is online only this year. A log sheet can be printed after you register and log into Beanstack, the Library’s online reading program and/or app. Paper logs will not be used by staff. To participate and win prizes, you must log on to Beanstack.
HOW DO I EARN POINTS?
Earn points by reading, logging book reviews, or participating in activities:
- READ – 20 minutes of reading = 1 POINT / 1 hour of reading = 3 POINTS = 1 TICKET
- LOG REVIEWS – Submit book reviews on Beanstack each week. 2 Reviews = 1 TICKET
When book reviews are submitted on Beanstack, you will get a Review Badge and TICKET to use for Virtual Drawings
- PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES – Share feedback about a program or event = 1 POINT
When recording Activities in Beanstack, you will receive points that make you eligible for TICKETS to use for Virtual Drawings.
HOW DO I COMPLETE THE PROGRAM?
Read and Record 15 Hours by July 24th!
HOW DO I GET PRIZES?
There are several ways to earn prizes:
- In-Person PRIZE MARKET (you must receive a weekly invitation by recording on Beanstack).
Record at least 60 minutes of reading in Beanstack every week you read by 11 PM Sundays to receive a Weekly Logging Badge and Prize Market Invitation for that week. A free book and/or small prizes will be available.
- VIRTUAL PRIZES can be won by participating in MONTHLY PRIZE DRAWINGS with multiple winners: June 30 and July 24
THREE POINTS earns you a drawing ticket (up to 200 POINTS). Anyone who participates in reading, book reviews, or activities are eligible to win Monthly Prize Drawings.
- GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: July 24.
Only those who have completed the program, reading 15 hours, are entered in the Grand Prize drawing.
WHAT CAN I READ?
Explore all areas of fiction and nonfiction, listen to books on CD, or listen to digital audio downloads and streams from Overdrive or Hoopla. (Listening to someone read counts as reading time, too!)
Our community goal is to read 20,000 Hours or 1,200,000 Minutes in 60 Days! We can do it!
Watch these fun videos about the program!