Nov 02, 2023 Rosetta Stone Upgrade: Take Action Now
Rosetta Stone, a language learning service available through the Library’s Digital Branch, will be upgraded starting mid-November and is expected to be completed by Dec. 31, 2023. With the change in platform, user profiles will be reset, and users will need to re-register for the program using the Library’s unique link and an HMMPL Library Card number.
To prepare for the upgrade, Rosetta Stone users should make note of their last activity starting in mid-November. Once the upgrade is complete and users have re-registered, they will be able to navigate back to their last activity, and their progress will once again be saved in Rosetta Stone. See the instructions below for more details.
Prepare for the Upgrade
Where did I leave off? You will find your Unit at the top left (in this case UNIT 1). Below that will be your Lesson (in this case Lesson 2). Your Activity will be just below the Lesson number.
Once you have registered for a new account, click on Explore All Content.
From here you can access all the content and navigate back to your original activity.
If you click “See all” in the upper right corner, you will see the full contents of all Levels. Each Level has four units.
New to Rosetta Stone?
If you are new to Rosetta Stone, use this free digital service to improve your English or learn another language. This is an effective, easy-to-use program that allows you to learn a new language on your own time. The Rosetta Stone Library Solution offers the following features:
- 30 languages to meet a range of cultural interests and needs
- Easy-to-follow lessons to build reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Innovative speech-recognition technology that offers immediate feedback
to guide pronunciation
- Mobile app that enables learners to reinforce language on the go
- Live lessons with Rosetta Stone coaches
- On-demand videos of everyday scenarios to help learners improve fluency
- Interactive stories for reinforcing speaking, reading, and listening skills
- Phrasebooks to help learners perfect their use of common phrases
- Audio companion for practicing vocabulary and pronunciation on-the-go
If you get started with Rosetta Stone before mid-November, remember to follow the steps above so you can keep track of your progress through the upgrade.