Feb 19, 2022 Winter Reading Recap
Make it Happen! Winter Reading Challenge 2021-2022 was held during the months of December and January. The goal of the program is to record at least 21 days of reading.
- 17,832 days of reading were recorded by 484 patrons.
- All those that signed up received a free hot drink packet of hot chocolate or tea while visiting the library.
- Of the 638 patrons that signed up, 396 completed the challenge (62%).
- Local businesses donated over $3,000 items for prize baskets.
- One Grand Prize Winner was randomly drawn from those who completed the challenge.
- Bonus tickets were given to readers who recorded each week to use them toward 5 additional drawing baskets.
- 242 Completion prizes, Maker Kits, plush or book prizes, were picked up at the Library.
We are challenged to keep patrons engaged in the program to completion. This completion goal has maintained an average of about 44%-49%. We are excited to realize that this winter reading program completion percent increased to 62%! More people stayed engaged. We assume that weekly marketing and earning bonus drawing tickets toward generous prizes baskets held the attention of our readers.
Thank you to all of our sponsors who helped make this year’s Winter Reading a success!