Apr 21, 2023 All Together Now Summer Reading
Registration begins May 1 for our All Together Now Summer Reading program. Designed for all ages to enjoy, Summer Reading will focus on celebrating kindness, building friendships and reading together from May 25 – July 29!
How to Participate
Follow these simple steps to register for our Summer Reading program, log your reading, and earn prizes.
1. Register in Beanstack to receive a free** Kona Ice* at our Summer Reading Kickoff Party at 5 – 7:30 PM, Fri., June 2, at the Library. Summer Reading registration begins May 1.
2. Read and log one hour on or after May 25 to earn a special prize, which can be picked up at the first or second floor reference desks starting May 25.*
3. Earn up to four prize tokens by reading and logging 5, 10, 15, and 20 hours cumulatively at your own pace and on your own schedule from May 25 through July 29. Tokens can be redeemed at the prize market,* which opens June 5.
4. Earn virtual tickets for each hour you read and log–up to 50 hours/tickets. Enter virtual tickets into prize drawings on Beanstack through July 29. Winners will be notified after July 30.
5. Complete the program by reading and logging 20 hours to be automatically entered into our grand prize drawing. The winner will choose two fun family adventures from the following:
- Indiana State Parks One-Year Pass
- U.S. National Parks One-Year Pass
- Indianapolis Museum of Art at Newfields One-Year Family Membership
- Adrenaline Family Adventure Park Day Passes for Four
- Speedway Indoor Karting Gift Card for 2-Race Combo for 4 people plus Annual License Fee, Mini Bowling for 4 and 1 hour of Simulator Virtual Gaming for 4.
Summer Reading Kick-Off Party
Don’t miss our Summer Reading Kick-Off Party at 5 – 7:30 PM, Fri., June 2, at the Library. In addition to a free Kona Ice for each person who registers for Summer Reading (all ages!), the event also will include a water show, a concert by Mr. Daniel, fun games and activities, and more!!**
Here are a few more details about our 2023 All Together Now Summer Reading program.
- The prize market is located near the 6th Street entrance on the Library’s second floor. It will be available June 5 through July 29 whenever the Library is open.
- Parents and guardians of infants, toddlers and pre-readers: Time spent reading to your child counts too! Just log the time in Beanstack for each child who listens.
- Students who attend a Zionsville Community Schools elementary school and read and log at least 15 hours also will be invited to a special celebration at school this fall.
*While supplies last.
**Special thanks to the Friends of the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library for providing the Kona Ice and the water show for this year’s Kick-off event.