Nov 04, 2022 Golden Gifts: Donation Drive for Seniors in Need
Make the season bright for seniors in our community by participating in our 2nd annual Golden Gifts Donation Drive. Golden Gifts are requested gifts that will ensure our seniors without abundant resources are not forgotten this season. This unique program will bring goodness and cheer to those who may feel isolated in our community during the long winter months. Last year we served over 50 residents, and this year we have more than 75 seniors on our list.
The Golden Gifts Donation Drive will take place November 11 – December 11. Choose a tag with a gift you’d like to purchase from our beautifully decorated Golden Gifts tables located near the youth and teen & adult reference desks at the Library. Keep in mind that some tags may include multiple items, but you do not have to purchase them all. Plan to spend at least $20 per senior. Gifts must be new and candles are not allowed.
You will fill out the donor tag and place it in the box provided. Purchased gifts should be returned to the library unwrapped by December 11 with the gift list tag attached.The Library will distribute gifts to the seniors to allow anonymity for our senior patrons.
- Come to the Library and stop by one of our Golden Gifts tables beginning November 11.
- Choose a gift tag with a gift you would like to purchase.
- Fill out the donor tag and place it in the provided box. Take the gift list tag with you.
- Return gifts unwrapped with the gift list tag by December 11 to allow the Library time to wrap and distribute the gifts to our local seniors.
- If you are unable to fulfill your donation please contact the Library so we can ensure the person’s tag is claimed.