Aug 24, 2021 Tails and Tales Summer Reading Highlights and Survey
Tails & Tales Summer Reading 2021 Recap!
Share your thoughts with us about Tails & Tales Summer Reading and your experience with the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library.
Please use the following link to take a brief survey so that we can compare how we are doing with our Library peers nationally!
The summer months were busy at HMMPL with ALL AGES outdoor and indoor programs, the Summer Reading Prize Market, and an amazing number of items that were checked out. See the highlights below!
- Over 1,500 4th graders, teachers, and parents viewed the LIVE conversation and Webinar with Dr. Temple Grandin in partnership with the Zionsville Schools. This kicked off the summer!
- Over 3,000 readers signed up to record Tails & Tales Summer Reading!
- More than half of the readers followed through and recorded 40,785 hours of reading!!!
- 243 people posted book reviews and almost 2,000 activities were completed in the Beanstack program. (Link to Beanstack-https://zionsvillelibrary.beanstack.org/users/sign_in)
- 6,660 prizes were given away to Adults, Teens, and Youth in the Prize Market!
- 117 Library programs that included: in-person programs (offsite and inside), YouTube instruction videos, Webinar, and Zoom Sessions.
- About 40 different Make & Take Kits
- Over 122,000 items were checked out virtually and physically in June and July
- 2 Wolf Park Family Membership passes were awarded to the grand prize winners and their families.
We hope you participated in some or all of these activities.
Please share your thoughts in our 6-question Survey. We strive to make programs and events meaningful to our community!
This summer did you…
Learn something new from what you read or experienced?
Enjoy reading more?
Read more often?
Want to use the library more often?
What did you like most about the program/service?
What could the library do to help you continue to learn more?